Friday, January 30, 2009

Ewan and Jim: an aesthetic dither?!

The trick is to blog a bit before it gets too hot. We're still in the middle of the Record Breaking Adelaide Heatwave as I write this, and I confess, my brain is melted down (past tense) so I'm going to have mercy on myself and make it easy today. Like this:


-- which, being totally evil and beyond redemption, I'm going to partner up with these movie reviews of I Love You, Philip Morris:

The Hollywood Reporter: "Like Carrey's character, the story and style are all over the place, rendering it somewhat inaccessible. Admittedly, the whole film is in a bit of an aesthetic dither that will confound many viewers. Still, filmmakers Glenn Ficarra and John Requa have concocted a frothy and misty amusement."

Defamer: "Let's get this out of the way: Jim Carrey and Ewan McGregor make just about the cutest, most gaga-in-love couple we'll likely see in any movie at Sundance. No, the camera does not cut away from their passionate kisses or acts of fellative love; dare we say Morris contains some of the most sensitive images of bitch-on-inmate affection that have ever been captured on film."

Variety: "The 100 minutes is one of the most unusual mixtures of the fest -- moments of Carrey's branded hilarity opposite brutal prison culture and graphic gay sex. Requa said they'll put some even hotter cut scenes on the DVD extras."

Said Jim Carrey, on the subject of Kissing Ewan McGregor: "Ewan was a bit prickly. I think we have some great sexual chemistry on screen. I think there is definitely a lot of smouldering,'yum, yum, eat-him-up' vibe." And elsewhere, "A dream come true. I mean, look at the guy."

We looked, Jim, we looked. Oh, yeah.


(Special note to Mel Keegan: on your blog, you were wondering where I find all this stuff. Well, this one -- above -- I found on YOUR BLOG. Honest, I don't make any of this up! Although at times you could be forgiven for wondering ... and drooling while you wonder...)

No comments:

Post a Comment